Living in the Moment.


I’ve never seen such beautiful numbers on my test meter!  For the past several weeks, I have been religiously counting carbs and wearing my glucose sensor.  The past six months have been a little hectic for me, working two jobs...so I haven’t been what you’d call a “perfect diabetic.”  But, I decided to get more on top of it.  
Last time I went to my endocrinologist, she suggested to test a little less while wearing the sensor.  I have never been recommended to do that!  I never thought testing LESS would be so hard!  What was happening was that I was testing 10+ times a day--and overcorrecting and the result was not good!  My doctor suggested that while I wear the sensor, I should test when I wake up, before breakfast, lunch, dinner, and before bed.  Of course, also test if I feel high or low.  I am learning to trust my sensor a little more.  At the beginning, this was very hard for me.  I don’t like putting my life in a piece of technology.  I want to be responsible for my health, not some little device that looks like a seashell! 
I have been working out, and eating much healthier than I was for the past six months.  The numbers on my meter are amazing.  I haven’t felt this good before!  The advice I have learned that helps me is to take one moment at a time.  You can’t even take it a day at a time.  Even then, you will become frustrated.  However, if you take it one moment at a time...breath when you become overwhelmed...the outcome can be remarkable! 
Sometimes, my mind wanders and I can’t help but think--really?  I gotta do THIS for the rest of my life??!
One moment at a time...one moment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve