Thanksgiving Thankfulness


After several days of high blood sugar, I am thankful that the coating of sugar goes away and I am able to see clearly again.
After the long, dreadful minutes of the shaky, sweaty, scary lows..the sugar finally seeps into my bloodstream, and I am thankful to be able to stand up on my own and coherently understand what is going on.
I'm thankful for kink-free tubing when changing an infusion site, therefore helping my blood sugar not be out of whack!
I am thankful that I don't have any other serious health complications along with diabetes [so far].
I am thankful for the diabetic technology available to me so that I can try to live my life as "normally" as possible.
I am so, so, so thankful for my family, friends, advocates, supporters, doctors, my kitty, & the online diabetic community. From the people who listen everyday...to the ones who have helped me through a difficult low or high blood sugar or diabetic situation. I'm lucky to be blessed with such amazing people in my life.
There's been a person who has literally saved my life...too many times to count.  One who has to balance love, patience, and concern for me.  Who has to give me a nuge to be more on top of my diabetes.  But this isn't an easy task.  This has to be done gently and in the right manner.  Too pushy--I'll get frustrated.  Too distant--the message won't get through.  This extraordinary person is my husband--who is there for me through everything; thanks for being my support and my diabetes punching bag.  
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there!  It may be a tough time for diabetics--with all the food & sweets. But, we are all human and we have to give in to our sweet tooth.  Happy eating & remember to bolus up! What are you thankful for this holiday season? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve