D-Anniversary


Is it ironic that my husband's birthday also marks my D-Anniversary?  I think not...since my husband is my biggest supporter and advocate.  Three years ago today--we had plans to go out with friends and family to celebrate, but we were sidetracked by this illness that had overcome me.   We thought our trip to Emergency One would be quick--we would be in and out...no big deal.  Little did we know that our lives would forever be changed.  
I don't think there's any irony to these two events happening on the same day.  Kris, my husband, is so much a part of my life, diabetes-related...and everything else in between.  Living together, he sees the effects that this disease has on me.  He shares the frustrations and fears with me.  We are a team in this fight against diabetes, and we won't let it get the best of us.   [Raises glass] So, here’s to another 3 years of exceptional health & happiness in life with my husband and diabetes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Baby Named Diabetes.

5th Diabetes Anniversary

Italy + Diabetes