Roller Coaster Blood Sugars


Low #1...I can deal with it.
Low #2...getting a little agitated.
Low #3...feel like I wanna give up.  
High #1...UGH!
Not to mention, these lows happen within a 10 hour time frame.  I just want to shove every piece of food down my mouth to get rid of these sweaty, shaky, heart-racing lows.  My brain tells me "FOOD...NOW!!" Hours later, sky-rocketing numbers appear on my meter. 
First low, I just felt weird while laying in bed.  I knew that if I didn't get up and test myself, I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.  I get up, test myself, and an ugly 58 is staring back at me from the test meter. 
The frustrating thing is that I don't know what's causing these lows.  Am I giving myself too much insulin?  Or are my basal rates off?  This is too much math for an English major!
What am I so scared of?  I am petrified that I will have a low while sleeping and not wake up.  The sensor gives me a peace of mind.  Sometimes it completely pisses me off.  Being woken up during the middle of the night by a sound that reminds me of a fire siren is no fun.  But, it does ease my mind that it's there. 
I know that lows and highs are bad.  But, I would take a high over a low any day.  Any other thoughts on this topic?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve