Diabetes Doesn't Stop Me.


The most awesome thing(s) I have done in spite of diabetes...
I've never used diabetes as an excuse.  In fact, I can't stand it when adults use excuses to avoid work or anything that might be slightly challenging.  I make it a goal NOT to start or end a sentence with, "but my diabetes..."
Diabetes is a pain in the butt.  There's no denying that.  However, I'm proud of all of the activities and accomplishments I have achieved in life so far (and continue to do!).  Here's just a few that I'd like to share:
  • Traveling the world (Europe, Vegas, NYC, etc.)
  • Teaching-always finding a new and exciting way to reach and motivate children 
  • Participating in intense workouts, like body combat and hiking 
  • Working two jobs, usually 12-14 hours per day
  • Staying healthy by eating nutritiously-even if this means preparing my lunch and dinner at the same time, the night before
What have YOU done in spite of something that might be physically/emotionally challenging? Please share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve