Positive Thinking


Frustration consumes me. To stop these pessimistic thoughts, I decided to make a list of the positives related to diabetes...
1. I have become wizard at mathematics. ["So, I'm eating 50 carbs, and my blood sugar is 150...I need to figure out the correction factor and bolus for what I'm eating!"]
2. Being tough-especially when it comes to needles! 
3. Getting blood taken? No problem!
4. I have realized the true effects that food has on my body.
5. The special attention I get from my husband and cat when I am low or high.
6. The love my husband shows by changing my sensor because I can't reach where the site is on my back.  The way he comforts me if the needle stings. That's love.
7. Knowing the doctors and receptionists so well [because I am there so often!] that all I have to say when I call is "Hi, it's Joanna."
8. Being able to speak my own diabetic language: "bolus, basal, fixed prime..." No one except a diabetic would understand. 
9. I always have a clock AND a flashlight attached right to my hip. 
10. Being able to educate others about Diabetes-all the misconceptions and what exactly being a type 1 diabetic means.
11. Have a special event every year where my biggest advocates help raise money and support me and my disease.
12. Having an online community to relate with, share stories and frustrations. 
When I am having days like today in the future, I want to look at this list and think, "life could be a lot worse."
 “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve