Silhouette Space Saver.



Imagine: a silhouette that could save your spot when you have a diabetic emergency.  Well, let me back up and tell you the reason as to why I feel this would be an important necessity in my life.  
Sitting on the stage steps in the workout room. Watching everyone else involved in a group workout session of my favorite exercise class, body combat.  I have to test my blood sugar because it's about half way through my work out.  Damn-staring back at me on the meter is a big..fat..ugly......66.  I didn't even feel that low!  I quickly grab my fruit snacks...inhale them straight out of the package.  
Wait. Watch the class. Ugh, this sucks. 
I'm a regular in the class; everyone knows that I'm a diabetic.  Looks of concern...
"Are you ok?" many people ask.  
Wait. Watch. Repeat.
Ok, so I probably shouldn't have gone back into body combat as quick as I did...but I love the class.  I reassured myself that I waited long enough and that I was feeling a bit better.  
Before I went back on the floor, I glare out at everyone once again. What? People steal my spot? How aggravating. So, I get a low, and people think it's ok to take over my workout area? C'mon people, really? I go back out to my original space and make my way back in. I'm not losing my awesome workout spot because of my diabetic needs. I didn't look to my left or right, but I'm sure I got some evil looks for "making my way back in." 
If only there was some way to "hold" my spot while I take care of myself. This is where an invention of a silhouette space saver would come in handy! It's only fair! How is it my fault that I need to suck down sugar and wait a few minutes to continue my work out? Should I be punished because of this? 
Diabetics who enjoy working out deserve this kind of invention! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Baby Named Diabetes.

5th Diabetes Anniversary

Italy + Diabetes