Voila--It's Magic! Or is it?



As I was reminiscing through old pictures on my computer, I came across the one you see above.  Just a few days before being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, and I am wearing glasses.  Why that might not seem like a big deal to you--just know that I previously had 20/20 vision.  All of these 'strange' things started to occur...one of them being that my vision was completely blurry! I was a senior in college, and my commute was about forty-five minutes to school.  I woke up one morning, and could not see!  I, being the dork I am, had to make it to school--no ifs, and, or buts about it!!  I hate excuses, and I wasn't about to start using them.  I borrowed my husband's glasses to give me a clearer view of the world.  
Later that day, I went to the eye doctor--the one in themall.  I told them how I woke up and couldn't see! Without even thinking of asking me, "Have you been checked for diabetes?", they simply gave me a prescription for glasses.  And, voila...an hour later, I could 'magically' see again.  
Oh, and then a week later, I was diagnosed with Type 1. The sugar coating over my eyes decreased, and my vision came back {Voila again!}.  
I went back to this particular vision store after being released from the hospital.  In my hand was the glasses, receipt, and hospital discharge papers.  
"I'd like to return these," I proclaimed to the woman.  I continued without giving her the embarassment of asking why.  "Turns out I can see afterall.  I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, as you can see here" [pointing to papers].  
I think I have the best reason for a return...hands down.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve