4 Years Ago

Some things I hold close to my heart: hope for a cure [bracelet], my marriage to Kristopher [wedding ring], and my kitty [who is always purring next to me when I have a high or low], LB.

Today is my 4 year diabetic anniversary. I chose to celebrate by writing a poem of my memories with this disease...
There’s one day a year,
It’s inevitable---impossible to miss.It is when I’m reminded of all the fear.
It’s November 3rd--the day I reminisce.
Bolus, basal, lancets---what do those bizarre words mean?It instantaneously became engrained in my life.
All of this immediately became my routine.
Diabetes suddenly became my own personal strife.
Without hesitation, the doctor uttered, “You won’t be able to do this or that!”As I lay there, dumbfounded, in the hospital bed.
Family surrounded me; they put their arms around me and gave me a pat.
I embraced this challenge and learned not to dread my life ahead.
And now I’m on track,I’m strong and I proved the doctors wrong.
There’s no looking back.
I knew in my heart--I could do it all along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve

My Baby Named Diabetes.