Meter in my...hand?


Going for a walk outside...always a challenge and a task in itself!  
I need to have two extra hands just to carry everything I need related to diabetes alone!  Forget even carrying a water bottle to quench my thirst!  
Meter in hand...Check!
Fruit strip stuffed in meter case...Check!
Make sure I have the test strips & lancet device...Check!
Iphone in holder & attached to arm...Check!  
Test myself before walking out the door...Check!
Oh, don’t forget keys...Check!
Ready!!!

Walking alone around the neighborhood requires some extra preparation.  I carry my iPhone not only to use as an ipod, but as a phone...(duh!)  I want to have some form of technology on me in case I need to call for help.  People aren’t always around when I’m out on a walk.  It can be scary...  
All in all, pretty successful workout.  I try to test during the walk--but sometimes those lows can hit you so fast!  When I got home, I tested, and was 71...eek!  Not the best number to see on my meter.  I planned on eating lunch anyways, so I ate my peanut butter & jelly sandwich...waited a few minutes, and then bolused for 20 carbs, instead of 30.  Came back up pretty quickly...phew!
The walk gave me a chance to think and enjoy all of those beautiful leaves changing colors!  Slight breeze--perfect!  Wonderful way to clear my mind!  Now all I need is someone to invent some easy way to carry all my supplies...any ideas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve