Coverage for Chronic Conditions


    
    This whole "pre-existing condition" is very aggravating, to say the least.  Why do I...someone who struggles with diabetes everyday...have the added stress of proving that I had previous insurance in order to have current coverage?  What is wrong with the world today?  I had a specific insurance for three months, and then a different one before that.  My current health provider wanted me to get a letter from my health insurance company from a year ago to "prove" that I had insurance!  What's worse is that I came home a couple weeks ago to a packet full of "denied coverage" due to a "pre-existing condition."  Really?  You couldn't have sent that to me months ago?
     So here I am today, finally going to my general doctor for my annual check-up & flu shot; originally scheduled 2 weeks ago, but due to an outstanding balance, I couldn't go.  As diabetics [and others suffering from chronic diseases], we should get the help that we need.  Why does everything need to be extra work...yet, other people can sit at home & not work at all [with no major illnesses might I add], but get everything handed to them?  This frustrates me to no end!  What are your thoughts on this topic?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Baby Named Diabetes.

5th Diabetes Anniversary

Italy + Diabetes