Lousy Lows


    
    Is anyone else petrified of even the thought of a low bg?  The past couple of times I worked out, my bg was about 110-130 when I started my exercise routine.  It scares me because my workouts are pretty intense.   The fact that I could drop low while working out frightens me!  I hate those sweaty, shaky, heart-racing, wanna-shove-every-food-in-my-mouth lows! So, when I am busting my butt--punching and kicking and doing all those other fun body combat moves, the last thing I want to have on my mind are those dreadful low blood sugar levels!
      Am I feeling fatigued because the class really is kicking my toosh, or am I low?  When I test, and I am on the lower 100 end, I shove a fruit strip in my mouth, barely even tasting what it is I am actually eating...because I don't want to miss a minute of my workout.  Testing during a workout class is a pain!  I try not to get in people's workout space--but it is inevitable.  Staying out of their way is like going through an obstacle course blindfolded--kind of impossible!
     My diabetic friends, what bg do you feel comfortable starting to work out with?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Diabetes Anniversary

My Baby Named Diabetes.

Diabetes Blog Week: One Thing to Improve